Round 2 Recipe - Nicoise Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and torn
- Half reserved red onion, from Crispy Wonton Cups with Tuna Salad, thinly sliced
- Reserved snow peas, from Crispy Wonton Cups with Tuna Salad
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 (5-ounce) can chunk light tuna, drained
- Reserved 2 hard boiled eggs, from Ham and Egg Tea Sandwiches, sliced in half
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, garlic, oil, and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Put the snow peas in boiling water for 2 minutes, and then shock them in cold water to stop them from overcooking.
In a large bowl, put the lettuce, onions, and snow peas and toss with the vinaigrette. Top with the almonds, capers, tuna, and sliced eggs. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.