Round 2 Recipe - Nicoise Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and torn
- Half reserved red onion, from Crispy Wonton Cups with Tuna Salad, thinly sliced
- Reserved snow peas, from Crispy Wonton Cups with Tuna Salad
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 (5-ounce) can chunk light tuna, drained
- Reserved 2 hard boiled eggs, from Ham and Egg Tea Sandwiches, sliced in half
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, garlic, oil, and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Put the snow peas in boiling water for 2 minutes, and then shock them in cold water to stop them from overcooking.
In a large bowl, put the lettuce, onions, and snow peas and toss with the vinaigrette. Top with the almonds, capers, tuna, and sliced eggs. Serve immediately.