Round 2 Recipe - Spinach and Mushroom Pasta
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Reserved cooked onion from Spinach and Pasta Pie Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Reserved spinach from Spinach and Pasta Pie Recipe
- Reserved cooked pasta from Spinach and Pasta Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the canola oil. When it is hot, add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook until they are lightly browned and have given up their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add the reserved onions, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the reserved spinach and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Toss in the pasta and cook until it is warmed through, about 2 minutes. At the last minute, stir in the basil, cheese, and olive oil. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.