- 1 (3 to 4-pound) chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons BBQ Dry Rub seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- Sweet and Smoky BBQ sauce, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (original recipe)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat outdoor smoker to approximately 225 degrees F.
Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
Combine oil, BBQ rub, chipotle powder and lemon pepper in a small bowl. Use a brush to coat the entire chicken in the mixture.
Place chicken in the smoker and smoke until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 3 hours.
Brush with BBQ just before serving, if desired.
Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce:
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee