- 1 (3 to 4-pound) chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons BBQ Dry Rub seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- Sweet and Smoky BBQ sauce, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (original recipe)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat outdoor smoker to approximately 225 degrees F.
Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
Combine oil, BBQ rub, chipotle powder and lemon pepper in a small bowl. Use a brush to coat the entire chicken in the mixture.
Place chicken in the smoker and smoke until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 3 hours.
Brush with BBQ just before serving, if desired.
Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce:
More Recipes and Ideas:
Jake's Keawe-smoked Chicken Halves served with Jake's Smoked Pineapple-Mango Salsa, Sixteen Spice Smoked Chicken, Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings with Pickled Red Chiles, Dates and Fresh Mint, Barbecuing, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Dinner Parties Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.