Steamed Broccoli with Ricotta, Beer and Chive Sauce
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup amber beer (measure without foam), plus a splash for steaming
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for steaming
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Chopped chives, for garnish
In a large pot with a steamer insert, bring salted water and a splash of beer to a boil. Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Keep warm.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and cook onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese, beer, and sour cream until smooth and heated through. Add salt and white pepper. Spoon the sauce over steamed broccoli. Garnish with chives and serve.