For the bananas
- 2 large bananas, ripe
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 1/4 cups tempura batter mix (recommended: Shir-Akika)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
For the Coconut-Green Tea Sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 scoop coconut sorbet (recommended: Ciao Bella)
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
For the bananas:
Slice bananas diagonally, 1/4-inch thick; set aside.
Put ice water in a medium bowl. Stir in tempura batter mix, pumpkin pie spice, and cayenne pepper. Do not over stir. (Batter will be thin and lumpy.)
Heat 2 inches of oil in medium saucepan to 350 degrees F. Working in batches, dip sliced bananas in batter then slide into hot oil. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and dust with powdered sugar.
For the Coconut-Green Tea Sauce
In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring cream to barely a simmer. Reduce heat to low and add tea bags. Steep for 8 minutes. Remove bags and stir in coconut sorbet until melted.
Serve hot Fried Bananas in a small pool of Coconut-Green Tea Sauce. Garnish with fresh berries and mint.