- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
Heat oil over medium heat in a medium sauce pot. Add garlic, and rice and saute for 2 minutes until rice is toasted. Add 2 1/4 cups water, chili seasoning and season with a pinch of salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove to a baking sheet and let cool.
In a large bowl combine onion, yellow pepper, cooled rice, beans, vinegar and cilantro. Mix well and serve with steak.