- 1 1/2 pounds pork scallops, divided by 4 and pounded thin as for scaloppini
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sunflower or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 individual shallow dishes. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, shake of excess, dredge through egg, and last in bread crumbs.
Heat the oil in large skillet, add butter, and heat until foam subsides. Add 1 Schnitzel at a time to pan, brown from both sides about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels and place in 250 degree F oven to keep warm. Repeat with other Schnitzel. Serve with lemon wedges.
Wiener Schnitzel a la Holstein:
- 4 eggs
- 4 to 8 anchovies
- 8 teaspoons capers, if desired