- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds medium-small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 limes, juiced
- 8 lemons, juiced
- 2 oranges, juiced, preferably sour oranges
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 bunch cilantro, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 serrano chile, roughly chopped
- 2 large avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Tortilla chips, for garnish
In a large pot of boiling salted water, add the shrimp and simmer until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a bowl of ice water to chill.
Drain the shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces, and transfer to a bowl. Add the lime, lemon, and orange juice, stir to combine, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 6.
Stir the tomato, onion, cilantro, and chile into the shrimp mixture and let sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.