Saucy BBQ Seafood Skewers with Not-So Secret BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces large raw sea scallops
- 4 ounces raw Atlantic salmon
- 4 ounces large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed)
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- Special equipment: Wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
For the skewers: Cut scallops into halves or quarters, so that they are just slightly larger than the shrimp. Cut salmon and zucchini into chunks approximately the same size as the scallops.
Place all the vegetables and seafood onto 4 skewers, alternating their order.
Bring a grill or grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add skewers and cook until seafood begins to turn opaque on top, about 5 minutes.
Flip skewers and cook until all seafood is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
Drizzle or brush sauce over skewers immediately after removing them from heat.
PER SERVING (2 skewers with sauce): 299 calories, 7g fat, 616mg sodium, 19g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 12g sugars, 40g protein