Skillet Turkey With Roasted Vegetables
- 1 skin-on boneless turkey breast (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches spring onions or small regular onions trimmed and halved
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 bunches small carrots, trimmed
- 1 10 -to-12-ounce package mixed mushrooms, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Rub the turkey skin with 1 tablespoon olive oil; rub over and under the skin with the marjoram, garlic, salt and pepper.
Sear the turkey, skin-side down, without moving, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the turkey, then add the onions, cut-side down, and cook until slightly browned, 4 to 5 more minutes. Scatter the celery and carrots over the onions, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey registers 160 degrees F and the vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the turkey rest 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Per serving: Calories 371; Fat 15 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 119 mg; Sodium 671 mg; Carbohydrate 14 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 44 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.