Spicy Sausage Rigatoni
- 12 ounces rigatoni, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces hot Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid from rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and chopped
- 2 cups whole canned tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
Heat oil in large skillet, Cook garlic, red pepper flakes and cayenne over medium high heat quickly. Add in crumbled sausage meat and cook until completely browned. Add in tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook about 5 minutes until sauce begins to thicken and add cream. Return to a rapid simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add cooked Rigatoni and reserved liquid. Return to simmer and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.