Sun-Dried Tomato Puree
- 12 dried sun-dried tomatoes
- Water to cover
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional additions:
- 2 dozen small oil or salt-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- Anchovies, minced or anchovy paste
- Capers, drained and roughly chopped
- A combination of above
- Dried or fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary or basil
Cover dried tomatoes with water and bring to a simmer. Turn off heat. Let cool down in liquid to plump up tomatoes. Drain well and set in food processor with garlic and olive oil Puree until you have a smooth mixture but one which still has texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Incorporate additions if you wish, or leave that to last minute. Store as is (or incorporate additions) in the freezer or transfer to a jar and cover the top with a film of olive oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.