Big Chopped Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
- 1/4 pound slab bacon, diced
- 3 hearts romaine
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved, and seeded
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- Special equipment: Blender
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon and saute until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Set aside.
Cut the romaine in half lengthwise. Lay flat side down and slice into1/4-inch thick ribbons. Transfer to a large salad bowl. Cut the cucumber into 1/2-inch cubes and add to bowl. Slice onion into thin half moons and add to the bowl with the lettuce and cucumber.
In a blender, combine sour cream, Gorgonzola, bacon, lemon zest and juice and blitz until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour enough dressing over the salad to generously coat the ingredients. Add the eggs and toss gently.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson, 2009
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen