- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar Pinch kosher salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup candy coated chocolates (recommended: M and M s)
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small pot over medium heat, whisk together the syrup, oil and cinnamon. Cook until it just bubbles. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
In a large bowl, add the oats, walnuts, sunflower seeds, brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Pour in the syrup mixture and toss well. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites to combine. Pour over the granola and toss well. Evenly spread the mixture onto a sheet tray. Bake until golden, turning several times, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove from the oven to a serving bowl and cool. When cool add the remaining ingredients and serve.