- 1 (16-ounce) ball pizza dough (purchased from local pizza parlor or supermarket)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for coating bowl
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- Kosher salt
Roll out pizza dough to about 1-inch thick. Sprinkle evenly with onions and herbs, fold into quarters and knead 3 to 4 times to evenly incorporate herbs. Reform the dough into a ball and place in a small bowl lightly coated with olive oil. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat melt the butter with the garlic. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Heat a large cast iron grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. Roll dough out to about 1/8-inch thickness. Brush 1 side with olive oil and put oil side down on grill pan. Cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Brush the other side of the dough with oil, flip, and cook another 4 minutes. Remove from grill pan, brush 1 side with garlic butter and sprinkle evenly with salt. Cut into 2-inch strips and serve.
Alton's Breakfast Carrot Cake(00:03:17)
How to Make 'Whoopeeps'(00:02:18)
Thank you! your flag was submitted.