Picnic Potato and Chicken Salad Cups
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 6 -ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, toss with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast until golden and tender, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the chicken in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a simmer over medium heat and poach until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for a bit, then cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, chicken, bacon, celery, onion and garlic. Mix in the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, paprika, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve the salad in lettuce cups and roll up to eat.
Photograph by John Kendrick
Thank you! your flag was submitted.