- 1/2 cup medium grain bulgur
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 cups loosely packed, roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, about 3 bunches
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced tomatoes, about 3 to 5 Roma tomatoes,
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped, white and some of the green, about 2 green onions
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup loosely packed, roughly chopped mint leaves
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Bring water to a boil, pour in bulgur, stir, cover, and turn off heat. Let stand 20 to 25 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and bulgur is fluffy and tender. Pour off any remaining liquid.
To prepare dressing, in a small non-reactive bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, salt and oil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
In a large salad bowl, toss together parsley, tomatoes, green onions and mint. Add bulgur. Pour dressing over salad, toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Morph 2: Add rinsed and drained canned chickpeas, and rinsed and drained canned lentils
Morph 3: Grill some boneless, skinless chicken breast, dice, toss with the tabbouleh and wrap it up in fresh pita.
Morph 4: Serve as a small side salad with fish.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray