- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 1/8 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper (less than 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 pound (2 large half breasts) boneless skinless chicken breast; sliced
- completely in half making 4 pieces
- 1 -ounce tequila
- 4 ounces shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Optional garnish (2 tablespoons each serving):
- 1 small red onion, diced (use remainder of onion for marinade)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- 1 curly "Mexican" pepper or cubano, diced
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro leaves
- Salsa picante
- Sour cream, in a squeeze bottle
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- 1 lemon and lime, cut in thin wedges
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a bowl, place 2 tablespoons canola oil, all marinade ingredients, and chicken, and mix thoroughly.
In a large saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons canola oil over medium-high to high heat. Place the coated chicken breasts in the hot pan and sear on one side until golden brown for about 1 minute. Turn and sear the other side for a few seconds more, and sizzle with the tequila.
Remove chicken from oven and top with the shredded cheese. Place back in the oven for just a minute to melt the cheese and remove. Serve and enjoy!
Make it Supreme!
Before serving, top with sour cream, salsa picante, and other vegetables for garnish.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tequila-Orange BBQ Chicken Burritos with Sharp Cheddar, Baked Beans and Red Cabbage, Chicken-Tequila Tailgate Sandwiches, Cilantro-Tequila Grilled Chicken, Main Dish, White Chicken Chili Recipes, Flank Steak Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes, Easy Main Dish