Texas Fried Sea Bass with a Raspberry Honey Soy Glaze
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced into thin rings
- 4 (4-ounce) seabass fillets
- 4 strips par cooked bacon
- 1 cup Beer Batter, recipe follows
- 1 cup Raspberry, Honey, Soy Glaze, recipe follows
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
- 1 orange, zest cut into, long, thin, curled pieces
- Beer batter:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces light lager (recommended: Amstel Light)
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- Raspberry, Honey, Soy Glaze:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
In a large high-sided saute pan, heat canola oil to 375 degrees F.
Place 2 jalapenos rings on top of each fish fillets. Then wrap each fillet with 1 bacon slice, covering jalapeno rings. Dip into batter and drop into the hot oil. Fry until nice they have a golden brown color, approximately 5 minutes. Place onto either a serving platter or plate and drizzle glaze over fried fish. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon orange liqueur over each fish and garnish with orange zest.
This recipe was provided by a finalist, who may or may not be a professional cook, for The Next Food Network Star. Food Network has not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.Beer batter:
In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Consistency should be like pancake batter. If too thick add more beer.Raspberry, Honey, Soy Glaze:
In a small pot over medium heat, add all ingredients, except sugar, and let simmer for 20 minutes. Add sugar and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.