Thai Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed and cut crosswise in half
- 1 (5 3/4-ounce) package pad Thai noodles or wide rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn in 1/2
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus 8 sprigs, for garnish
- 1/2 cup julienne green onions, white and light green
- 4 Thai red chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted peanuts
- 8 lime wedges
Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the chicken breast, reduce the heat and simmer until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the pot to a cutting board or bowl and set aside until cool enough to handle. Shred the chicken with a fork and set aside.
Bring the remaining 4 cups of water to a boil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add peas and cook for 30 seconds. Remove peas from pot with a slotted spoon and divide them between the serving bowls. Add the noodles to the pot and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and add noodles to the peas in the serving bowls.
Heat the grapeseed oil in a large sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, curry paste, madras curry powder, turmeric, coriander and garlic to the pot and saute for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth to the pot, and bring to a boil. Stir in the light coconut milk and almond milk, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the shredded chicken, palm sugar, lime juice and fish sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach leaves and cook for 30 seconds. Ladle the chicken mixture over the noodles and peas in the serving bowls. Stir some chopped cilantro, green onions and chiles into each bowl.
Top with chopped peanuts a lime wedge. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
MYOTO - Make Your Own Take Out: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken-Peanut Curry Soup With Achat Pickle, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Potato Soup Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Spanish Rice Recipes