The Crab Rangoonies
- 4 ounces flaked imitation crabmeat (or high-quality crabmeat)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 wedges light spreadable Swiss cheese (recommended: The Laughing Cow Light), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium or lite soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 16 small square wonton wrappers (often stocked near the tofu in the refrigerated section of the market)
- Sweet and sour sauce, optional
- Chinese-style hot mustard, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
To make your filling, combine all of the ingredients except the wonton wrappers and optional ingredients in a bowl, breaking up the cheese wedges as you add them. Mix until uniform. Set aside. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set that aside as well.
Lay one wonton wrapper flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon a heaping 1/2 tablespoon of filling into the center. Moisten all four edges by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly. Fold the bottom left corner to meet the top right corner, forming a triangle and enclosing the filling. Press firmly on the edges to seal. Repeat with all of the remaining wrappers and filling, gently placing each rangoon flat on the baking sheet.
Spray the tops of the wontons with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through, until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly.
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 4 crab rangoonies): 140 calories, 1.25g fat, 593mg sodium, 20g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 8.5g protein
2011 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay