- 1/3 pound bison ground meat, formed into a patty
- 1 slice Italian mortadella
- 2 slices Genoa salami
- 1 slice provolone
- White or wheat hamburger bun
- Butter, for bun
- 1 tablespoon hot chopped peppers
- 1-ounce Cabernet vinaigrette (1 part extra-virgin olive oil, 3 parts Cabernet vinegar, diced shallots, salt and pepper, to taste)
In a hot frying pan over medium heat, cook the bison burger to desirable temperature, (best medium-rare). Add the mortadella and salami and top with the cheese. Cover to melt the cheese, about 30 seconds. Toast the bun and spread it with butter. Remove the burger form the pan and put it on the bottom of the bun. Top with hot chopped peppers, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and cover with the top of the bun. Serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.