The Smoke Daddy Beans
- 2 cups BBQ sauce, your favorite
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 (10-pound) cans ranch style beans, undrained
- 6 cups diced onions
- 2 cups beef brisket scraps, 3/8 to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups pork shoulder, chopped 3/8 to 1/2-inch
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup julienned cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper puree
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all the ingredients together in a cast iron pan or any oven-safe pan. Bake for about 2 hours and then finish them in the smoker for another 2 hours.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Josh Rutherford
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller