- 3 pounds ground turkey, white and dark meat
- 3 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced jalapenos, with seeds
- 1 (18-ounce) jar orange marmalade with peel
- 3 teaspoons mustard powder (recommended: Coleman's)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Form turkey patties approximately 8 ounces each and season on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
Grill turkey patties first on very high heat until nice markings are shown, and then reduce flame to approximately medium. Cook patties until well done (165 degrees F) but not overly done. At the same time, grill hamburger buns on both sides.
Serve hamburger as open-faced patty with glaze on one side and garnishes on the other.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.