Ranch Dressing Cheese Log
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- One 1-ounce package ranch dressing mix, such as Hidden Valley
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, grated, room temperature
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Crackers or bagel chips, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk and dressing mix. Add the cheddar cheese and continue beating until thoroughly blended. Wrap the mixture in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes. When firm, shape the wrapped cheese mixture into a log. Spread the pecans out on a baking sheet or a piece of wax paper. Unwrap the cheese log and roll it in the nuts to coat it on all sides. Serve with crackers or bagel chips.
Adapted from Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2008