Butternut Squash Coleslaw with Honey Goat Cheese Dressing
- 4 ounces fresh creamy goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Special equipment: mandoline
In a large mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, honey, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir well with a whisk until fully combined and creamy.
Remove the top narrow portion of the butternut squash and peel. Discard or use the bulb portion for something else. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut the peeled cylinder into fine long matchsticks (julienne). This should yield about 4 cups. Fold into the cheese dressing along with dried cranberries, walnuts and chopped fresh parsley.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Butternut Squash with Pecans and Blue Cheese, Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Amaretti Cookies, Curried Butternut Squash Soup with Paneer (Indian Cheese) Croutons and Turmeric Oil, Picnic Salad, Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes, Applesauce Recipes, Colby, Grilled Cheese, Apple Strudel Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.