Butternut Squash Coleslaw with Honey Goat Cheese Dressing
- 4 ounces fresh creamy goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Special equipment: mandoline
In a large mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, honey, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir well with a whisk until fully combined and creamy.
Remove the top narrow portion of the butternut squash and peel. Discard or use the bulb portion for something else. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut the peeled cylinder into fine long matchsticks (julienne). This should yield about 4 cups. Fold into the cheese dressing along with dried cranberries, walnuts and chopped fresh parsley.
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello