Cold Sesame Noodles
- 1 pound Chinese egg noodles or spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili sauce (recommended: Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
Cook the noodles in large pot of boiling salted water over medium heat until barely tender and still firm. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water until cool. Drain the noodles well and transfer to a wide bowl.
In a blender, add the ginger, garlic, sugar, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce, sesame oil, and water. Process until the mixture is smooth. Put the blender jar into the refrigerator and let it chill for about 1/2 hour. Pour the peanut sauce over the noodles and toss until well coated. Serve garnished with the scallions, sesame seeds, and cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.