- 1 4-inch piece baguette
- 2 slices low-sodium applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons store-bought pesto
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 spear romaine lettuce
- 2 thick slices heirloom tomato
- 1 thick slice fresh mozzarella
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Slice the baguette open, leaving one side attached to form a hinge. Cook the bacon in a skillet over low heat until crispy; drain on paper towels.
Combine the pesto with the mayonnaise and smear on the bottom part of the bread. Layer the romaine on the bread, then the tomato, bacon and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper; close the sandwich and wrap in parchment paper.
Photograph by Hallie Burton