Green Papaya Salad in Lettuce Wraps
Note: If green papaya is unavailable, substitute a mixture of carrot and Granny Smith apple.
- The dressing:
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce, such as nam pla or nuoc nam
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce, such as Srirachi Hot Chili Sauce
- Kosher salt
- The salad:
- 1 large green papaya, peeled and julienned, see note
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and julienned
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 small red chile, sliced thin
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Butter lettuce leaves, for serving
For the dressing: In a small bowl add all ingredients and mix well. Set aside for about 1/2 hour to allow the flavors to develop. Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
For the salad: Combine papaya, bean sprouts, cucumber, onion, and red chile in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and mix well. Mound onto a platter, garnish with cilantro leaves, and surround with butter lettuce leaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.