Grilled Antipasto Platter
- Garlic and Herb Oil:
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 baby artichokes
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed and for garnish
- 2 medium eggplant, sliced thick
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 red bell peppers, halved and cored
- 1 bunch scallions
- 5 tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound alfonso olives, for garnish
- 1/2 pound ricotta salata, crumbled for garnish
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Fresh chervil leaves, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a simmer. Squeeze in the juice from 1 lemon and throw the lemon halves in as well. Trim and halve the artichokes and remove the chokes. Put them into the pot and cook them until they are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat the grill to low. Have a large shallow dish filled with 1 cup olive oil. Coat the eggplant, zucchini, peppers, artichokes, scallions, and tomatoes separately with the oil. Grill the vegetables, basting generously with the Garlic and Herb Oil, until tender and soft: about 10 minutes for the eggplant, 8 minutes for the zucchini, 15 minutes for the peppers, 10 minutes for the artichokes, and 5 minutes for the scallions and tomatoes. Arrange them on a large platter and garnish with the olives, cheese, and herbs. Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Ceviche, Grilled Cheese With Dates and Prosciutto, Grilled Striped Bass with Cauliflower and Tomatoes with Caperberries and Black Olives with Parsley Salad, Artichoke Dip Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Zabaglione Recipes, Broccoli Side Dish Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.