Mediterranean Pasta in Minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced diagonally
- 1 (8 1/2-ounc) jar sun-dried tomatoes, julienned (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, quartered and drained (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted (1/4 pound)
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Boil water for pasta in a pasta pot, fitted with a strainer. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken strips until no longer pink -- about 3 minutes each side. Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to skillet. Saute for 2 minutes. In the meantime, add the fresh pasta to boiling water, cook until al dente, about 5 minutes.
Now add the basil, artichoke hearts, olives and feta cheese to the skillet. Saute 1 minute then stir in the cream. Strain the pasta and transfer to a large pasta bowl. Add the chicken saute to the pasta and toss. Season with oregano, salt and pepper before serving.