- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced rounds
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/3 cup steamed jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Thai chili or serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 sesame hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon peel
Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute burgers until cooked through, approximately 5 to 6 minutes per side (depending on how thick you make them).
Wasabi mayonnaise: While burgers are cooking, toast buns, and mix mayonnaise, with wasabi powder, ginger, and lemon peel in a small bowl.
Drain cucumber salad well.
Smear 1 tablespoon wasabi mayonnaise on toasted bun halves, spread with a layer of drained cucumber salad, then top with burger and cover with bun top.