- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion (about 8 ounces), peeled and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper (about 8 ounces), stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced mild green chiles
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese (3 to 4 1/2 ounces)
In a large pan, combine oil, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno chile. Stir often over high heat until onion is limp, 3 to 4 minutes. Add cumin, corn, green chiles, milk, and beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors, about 10 minutes. Stir in chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the Aged Cheddar Cheese and serve immediately.
For the shredded chicken, use leftover roast chicken, or rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. Or season two chicken breast halves with salt and microwave, covered, until juices are clear when chicken is pierced with a fork. Do not overcook.
Accompany chili with warm, buttered corn tortillas and a crisp green salad. Provide additional toppings such as chopped cilantro and sliced green onion, if desired. For a warming snack after an ice skating party or other outdoor activity, serve chili in mugs with spoons. Set out a basket of crackers and a crock of Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter.