- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar
- Dust with paprika
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix together eggs, evaporated milk, melted butter and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese and add the pasta. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and add the pasta mixture. Top with remaining cheese and dust with paprika.
Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.