- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 dried red chiles remove stems and cut in halves
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced, smashed
- 1 garlic, smashed
- 1 green onion, cut the white part into 1/2 -inch pieces, julienne the green parts
- 1/4 cup deep-fried peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed together to make slurry
In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
Over high heat, in a wok, bring the peanut oil to almost smoking temperature. Stir-fry the chilies, ginger, garlic and white part of the green onions for 30 to 40 seconds, or until the chilies turn dark. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden in color.
Add the sauce and bring to a boil. Add the peanuts. Thicken with the slurry and continue to cook until glossy. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with julienne green onions.