- 2 1/4 boxes kasha
- 5 eggs
- 13 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/8 teaspoon monkey dish salt (flat)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 box mushrooms, sauteed
- Sauteed onions, about 1 cup
- 1 1/4 (l-pound) boxes bowties, cooked
Brown gravy, for serving, if desired
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the kasha and eggs together in a large pot. Put the pot over low heat and let the moisture dry out. Stir in the stock and the seasonings. Cover the pot and transfer to the oven. Bake until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Correct the seasoning, if needed. Return the pot to the oven and cook until heated through. Transfer the kasha mixture to a serving bowl or platter and serve with brown gravy, if desired.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.