Best 5 Chicken Enchilada Recipes
The big game is just days away, which means that it’s officially time to start planning your weekend tailgate menu. Whether or not you’re a fan of the teams taking the field on Sunday, almost everyone can appreciate the relaxing afternoon of TV watching, couch potato-ing and heavy-duty snacking that comes with this ultimate football showdown. Invite your friends and family over for a casual game-day bash and serve a spread of mingle-friendly dips, Buffalo-style wings and adults-only cocktails, all rounded out by a crowd-pleasing main dish: the chicken enchilada. Check out Food Network’s top five chicken enchilada recipes below — each a hearty, all-in-one meal that the whole family will enjoy — and cook up one at home this weekend.
5. Light Chicken Enchiladas — Stick to your New Year’s Day healthy-eating resolution while still enjoying this full-flavored dish, made with lean chicken breasts, just a splash of olive oil and a sprinkling of muenster cheese.
4. Chicken Enchiladas Suizas — Food Network Kitchens incorporates a touch of heat to its tomato-based enchilada sauce by adding a few Serrano chile peppers, but a scoop of Mexican crema mixed with shredded chicken helps to balances the spice.
3. Roasted Green Chile-Chicken Enchiladas — After dipping tortillas in a homemade tomatillo salsa, fill them with a combination of store-bought roasted chicken and cilantro, top with extra salsa and Jack cheese, then bake until bubbly and serve with traditional toppings like guacamole and sour cream.
2. Roast Chicken Enchilada Suizas Stacked Casserole — Instead of folding her easy enchiladas into traditional rolls, Rachael forms them into piled-high layers of tomatillo-lime sauce, flour tortillas, shredded chicken and a combination of Swiss and Monterey Jack cheeses.
1. Chicken Enchiladas (pictured above) — Packed with tender corn and a duo of green and chipotle chilies, Tyler’s cumin-spiced chicken mixture is rolled inside soft tortillas, which are later topped with enchilada sauce and Cheddar then baked. See how he makes the dish by watching the video below (click the play button).
Chicken Enchiladas 03:21
Visit Food Network’s Big Game headquarters to find more easy recipes and entertaining tips for your weekend tailgate.