- 4 1/2 cups cubed challa bread
- 3 cups peeled and diced Fuji apples
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups half-and-half*
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 11 by 13-inch baking dish with room temperature butter.
Place cubed brioche in the baking dish. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine diced apples with lemon juice, brown sugar and cranberries. Pour over bread.
In a large bowl, whisk together half-and-half, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour custard over bread. Allow to saturate for a few minutes.
Bake for 40 minutes until pudding sets. Serve with whipped cream.