Beer Braised Brats Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds bratwurst (about 4 large links)
- 1 pint pilsner or ale beer
- Crusty rolls, for serving
- Spicy mustard, for serving
In a Dutch oven over medium heat, add the oil, onions, peppercorns and bay leaf. Add the sausage. Saute until the sausages begin to brown and the onions soften, about 5 minutes. Add the ale. Be sure to turn the sausages over and continue cooking, another 2 minutes. Cook on low for 20 minutes. Serve the bratwurst with the braised onions on crusty rolls with spicy mustard.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.