- 1 cup pitted cherries, with juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 bottle good quality fruity red wine, like shiraz or rioja
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 1 liter soda water,
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola
- 1 bottle good quality fruity white wine, like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 medium peaches, washed, pitted and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green grapes, sliced
- 1 liter soda water, for serving
For the red sangria: In a large pitcher, add the cherries, raspberries and apples. Pour in the red wine and cognac and mix together. Refrigerate, about 20 minutes. When ready to serve, either pour the soda water into the pitcher or pour the sangria into individual glasses, 3/4 full. Top with the cola.
For the white sangria: In a large pitcher, mix the white wine and orange liqueur. Add the peaches, strawberries, orange slices and grapes. Stir all to combine. Refrigerate, about 20 minutes. Serve over ice with a splash of soda water.