- 1 cup olive oil-poached tuna, flaked gently apart, oil reserved
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) bag arugula, washed well and dried
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a medium bowl, whisk together the tuna oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and shallots. To the bowl, add the artichokes, roasted peppers, red pepper flakes, pepperoncini, basil, chickpeas and arugula. Toss gently.
On a large chilled platter, arrange the salad. Add the tuna to the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil over the top.