- 1 pound red bliss potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta, cut into small chunks
- 3 leeks, washed and cut in half moons
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Cut the red potatoes in half. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the oil. Add the pancetta and cook until crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the leeks and cook until softened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and toss well to combine. Stir in the smoked paprika and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes. Mix well, then add the fresh herbs. Season the hash, to taste, with salt and pepper.