Glazed Chinese Long Beans
- 1/2 pound Chinese long beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, optional
In a large pot of boiling water, blanch long beans for 2 minutes until slightly tender. Allow to cool.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter. Add scallions, ginger and garlic. Mix together. Add red pepper flakes and long beans. Allow to cook for a few minutes. Stir in chicken stock, honey and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add sesame seeds, if desired. Mix together.
Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo Jr.