Knockin' Roasted Broccoli
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 shallots, sliced into half moons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 red jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large oven-safe saute pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add pancetta and render until slightly crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes. Cook until the garlic begins to brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the paprika, jalapenos, cayenne, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Add the broccoli and toss well. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes for flavors to develop. Put the pan in the oven and roast until the broccoli gets color and becomes tender, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon the mixture into a large bowl. Add the raisins, green onions, almonds, honey, and lemon. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix well. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen