- Nonstick spray
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 cup grated green apple, peeled and cored (about 1 apple)
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups plus 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 (4 1/2 by 8 1/2-inch) loaf pans with nonstick spray. Line the pans with parchment paper and spray the paper.
Combine the zucchini, apple, brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add 3 cups flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg to the bowl and mix well. Toss the nuts with the remaining1/2 teaspoon flour to coat and prevent them from sinking. Gently stir in the nuts and the extract.
Divide the batter between the 2 loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle of each loaf comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the bread from the pans and cool on a wire rack.