- Grapeseed oil, for frying
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh flounder fillets
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 eggs beaten
- Remoulade sauce, recipe follows
- 1 large French baguette, cut into 4 servings
- 12 tomato slices
- 8 romaine leaves, chiffonade
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
Preheat oil in saute pan.
Wash off fillets and pat dry with a towel. Lightly sprinkle with seafood seasoning on both sides.
In 3 separate bowls, place flour mixed with 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning. panko and 3 beaten eggs.
Dredge fillets into flour, egg and then panko. Add fish to oil and fry until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined platter.
Spread remoulade sauce on both sides of toasted bread with a rubber spatula. Layer some romaine on the bottom, then top with fish, sliced tomato, red onion and then finally, a little more romaine on top. Add top portion of bread to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- 1 teaspoon hot relish (recommended: Amish or Indian)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped anchovies
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
Place all ingredients into a blend but the mayonnaise and pulse together for a minute. Pour into bowl and add mayonnaise. Mix together. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.