Adobo Shrimp Tacos with Smoked BBQ Chipotle Coleslaw
- Smoked BBQ Chipotle Coleslaw:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 small bunch green onions, green tops only, thinly sliced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon barbeque seasoning (recommended: Bruno's Smoked BBQ Chipotle Seasoning)
- Adobo Shrimp:
- Canola oil, for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 pound medium shrimp (26/30 count), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning (recommended: Bruno's Dry Adobe Seasoning)
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
DirectionsSmoked BBQ Chipotle Coleslaw:
In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Mix well, then taste and adjust the seasoning, as needed. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.Adobo Shrimp:
In a deep-fryer or heavy-bottomed pot, heat enough canola oil to come halfway up the sides of the pot, to 375 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour and cornmeal; set aside. Season the shrimp with the adobo. Dredge the seasoned shrimp in the cornmeal mixture, and then add them to the hot oil 1 at a time. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the oil and drain on paper towels. Cook's Note: If you prefer, grill the shrimp for a lighter dish.
Heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add a tortilla, and heat for about 30 seconds on each side. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of slaw in the center of the tortilla, then put 4 or 5 fried shrimp on top and fold like a taco. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.