Pasta with Citrus-Herb Sauce
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered and very thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 (1-pound) box thin spaghetti
- 2 lightly packed teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 medium lemon)
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add onion, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in half of herbs, and set aside.
Cook pasta according to the package directions. When pasta is cooked, reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta water, and drain pasta.
Return pot to stove and add in onion mixture, remaining 1/4 cup oil, remaining herbs, reserved pasta water, and zest, and season well with salt and pepper. Stir until evenly combined. Add pasta and toss until pasta is well coated. Taste and adjust seasoning, as necessary.
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Nikki Dinki