Simple Green Bean Salad with Lemon Dressing
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lightly packed lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon rinsed and finely chopped cured anchovies (about 2 fillets)
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cured pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Bring a medium pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare a water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice water.
Once water boils, add green beans until cooked but still firm, about 4 minutes. Place in ice water bath until cool. Drain and shake off excess water.
In a medium nonreactive bowl, thoroughly mix olive oil, juice, zest, and anchovies; season well with salt and pepper. Add green beans, shallot, olives, and parsley, and mix well; taste, adjust seasoning as needed. Salad can be served immediately though flavor improves as it sits.
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger