- 4 cups cooked bow tie pasta, cooled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons herb oil, recipe follows
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, split
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup roughly chopped roasted chicken
- 1 cup roughly chopped marinated artichokes
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl toss all of the ingredients. Serve or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup packed fresh oregano
- 1/2 orange, zested
- 1 whole dried arbol chile
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper corns
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a 1-quart mason jar, place all of the herbs, zest, chile, and peppercorns. Pour both oils into a saucepan and heat to 200 degrees F. Pour the hot oils into the jar and cover with a kitchen towel. Let stand overnight.
Place cheesecloth over the top of the jar and replace the outer rim of the lid. Invert and strain oil into desired container.
Yield: 2 cups